March 7, 2013
KEWILL MAKES FURTHER SENIOR APPOINTMENTS
Kewill Ltd, a leading provider of innovative software for supply chain execution, today announced a series of executive appointments to bolster its senior management team and provide leadership to its development and professional services functions and EMEA leadership. Kewill is pleased to welcome Jan-Paul Boos as Senior Vice President EMEA, Robin Martin as Senior Vice President Professional Services and Lee Muise as Senior Vice President Product Development.
- Jan-Paul Boos has almost 20 years’ experience of international leadership and executive management in the software industry.
- Jan-Paul will be responsible for all customer activities in EMEA and leading growth programs
- Prior to Kewill, Jan-Paul was VP Sales EMEA at JDA Software
- Previous roles include; Senior Director – Growth Markets at Manhattan Associates, and senior sales management roles at IBM.
- Robin Martin has 25 years’ experience and a proven track record of building high-growth enterprise software companies.
- Robin is responsible for global delivery, focusing on developing processes and procedures to ensure a consistent, high-quality solution based on standard methodologies.
- Prior to Kewill, Robin was EVP International for Metastorm, where he was responsible for all of Metastorm’s activities outside of the Americas
- Previous roles include; SVP Global Field Operations at TIBCO and COO of Staffware.
- Lee Muise joins Kewill with over 20 years’ experience of software application delivery, and has a proven track record of success in building cohesive, multifunctional development teams.
- Lee is responsible for defining and implementing the global technical strategy for Kewill’s suite of supply chain execution solutions.
- Prior to Kewill, Lee was SVP Digital Marketing Technology at Epsilon where he developed the technology strategy for their next generation SOA based multi-channel digital messaging platform
- Previous roles include; VP Software Engineering at EMC and SVP of Engineering at Xchange, Inc
November 29, 2012
Kewill Releases 6th Annual Shipping Survey Results
Industry Leaders Share Best Practices in Parcel Shipping and LTL Freight Market
Kewill ltd, a leading provider of shipping solutions that streamline global trade and logistics today announced the availability of its annual survey whitepaper, “2012 Best Practices Survey for Parcel Shipping and LTL/Freight Management”. Over 800 survey participants in a wide range of industries and company sizes shared their challenges, strategies and current processes for managing their parcel and LTL shipping.
This is the sixth year Kewill has conducted this highly regarded benchmarking survey of logistics professionals, which identifies key trends and highlights industry best practices. The findings whitepaper also provides 6 best practices recommendations for parcel shipping and LTL freight management. To download this informative whitepaper please visit: http://info.kewill.com/2012ParcelSurvey
Key findings from the report include:
- Use of regional and niche carriers is up 8% over 2011.
- 25% of the survey respondents are planning to add head count in the next 12 months in either shipping and/or trade compliance.
- 29.5 % of shippers review paper invoices to prepare for carrier negotiations.
- 11% of shippers have a total hands-free shipping process.
- “This report clearly highlights the challenges that retailers, manufacturers and other shippers face when they have to deal with increased—and increasingly complex—shipping volumes,” said Alan Gold, vice president of marketing and business development for Kewill. “Organizations that were holding steady or contracting are showing signs of expanding operations and investing in the future once again.”
November 8, 2012
Online Stores, Inc.. Selects Kewill’s Multi-Carrier, Industry Standard Shipping Solution Clippership™
Award winning internet retailer incorporates shipping excellence into their top-shelf customer experience
Kewill Inc, a leading provider of shipping solutions that streamline global trade and logistics, today announced that Online Stores, Inc., a leading internet retailer specializing in a diverse set of niche specialty stores has selected Kewill for their multi-carrier shipping requirements.
- Online Stores, Inc. wanted a multi-carrier shipping solution that could rate shop (compare rates across carriers) and bring a more efficient, streamlined process to their order fulfillment.
- After an extensive needs assessment, Online Stores, Inc., selected Kewill’s Clippership parcel shipping solution as best able to bring exceptional service and value to their customers.
- Online Stores, Inc., currently ships between 2,500 and 10,000 packages a day depending on season.
- Online Stores, Inc., currently operates 13 internet specialty stores, including the United States Flag Store (www.united-states-flag.com) , the English Tea Store (www.englishteastore.com) and Safety Girl (www.safetygirl.com ).
- Online Stores, Inc. has been among America’s Top 500 Internet Retailers 5 times in a row and is currently number 374.
- “Our focus on creating an exceptional customer experience is central to our strategy to achieving high growth,” said Brian J. Cerra, President of Online Stores. “Being able to rate shop for the right delivery service for our customer, accommodate increased demand on our systems and ultimately provide our customers with enhanced overall service with Clippership was a huge differentiator for Kewill.”
- “Working with an award winning internet retailer like Online Stores is a real treat. They have achieved extraordinary growth for such a young company,” said Alan Gold, VP Marketing and Business Development for Kewill. “A great customer experience is essential in the online shopping world, and Online Stores recognized that they needed best-in-class, scalable systems to support that growth; Kewill Clippership fit the bill perfectly. We look forward to working with them (and shopping in their stores).”
About Online Stores:
Online Stores, Inc. is a rapidly growing company based in New Stanton, PA, just east of Pittsburgh. Five times voted among America’s Top 500 Internet Retailers, Online Stores operates 13 internet retail stores including the United-States-Flag.com, the largest retailer of flags in the US, and EnglishTeaStore.com, the Internet’s best source for English tea, food, and cultural merchandise. The company’s other stores include DiscountSafetyGear.com, a leading supplier of hard hats, safety glasses, and other jobsite safety items and ConstructionGear.com which sells work boots and clothing for the construction trades. SafetyGirl.com, is the Web’s premier site dedicated exclusively to women’s safety and personal protection. The promotional products store, Imprinted.com offers the highest quality products, with the lowest prices and free shipping on everything, an industry first.
October 16, 2012
Garmin® Selects Universal Carrier Module For Unified Global Shipping Execution
UCM Provides Garmin with Accelerated Carrier onboarding, customer self-determination
Kewill Inc. a leading provider of shipping solutions that streamline global trade and logistics, today announced that Garmin, the global leader in satellite navigation, has selected Kewill’s Universal Carrier Module (UCM) to support its growing operations in Australasia. UCM, which integrates seamlessly into Kewill’s market-leading multi-carrier shipping software, Flagship™ enables customers to onboard their choice of parcel or freight carrier services and related compliance with their own business analysts as their needs evolve.
- Garmin, an existing Kewill Flagship customer, wished to have the ability to onboard carriers for their growing Australasia business without an ongoing dependency to maintain compliance or the need for a separate, standalone system to support local shipping carriers.
- UCM-enabled Kewill Flagship Integrates with Oracle E-Business Suite [and Oracle Transportation Management] to support Garmin’s unified supply chain from order to shipping execution.
- Kewill’s Universal Carrier Module is designed to permit customers to build their own carrier service support and compliance within the Kewill framework, using business-analyst level staff. This capability permits companies like Garmin to determine for themselves what shipping services are most strategic for them in any region of the world without worrying about vendor support for those services.
- “Kewill’s Universal Carrier Module afforded us the opportunity to integrate our regional carrier into an Australasia Kewill Flagship implementation,” said Dan Kogan, manager of special projects – distribution at Garmin. “We were already leveraging Kewill Flagship in our US and UK distribution center footprint and are pleased to extend this leading platform globally.“
- “We are delighted that Garmin has decided to expand their Kewill footprint with our Universal Carrier Module,” said Alan Gold, vice president of marketing and business development for Kewill Inc. “We designed UCM with companies like Garmin in mind: growing, global companies who have a clear strategic view of their supply chain and who demand tools that enable them to execute on their plans. We look forward to our continued partnership with Garmin, helping them find new ways to expand service and improve efficiency.”
October 3, 2012
Kewill Announces Shipping Integration of Kewill Clippership to Stamps.com
Kewill Clippership Now Enabled for International Shipping
Kewill Inc. a leading provider of solutions that accelerate global trade and logistics, today announced that Kewill Clippership(through Kewill’s iMailtoo module), the most widely deployed parcel shipping solution in the market is now integrated with Stamps.com.
With the new integration, Kewill Clippership customers can use Stamps.com to print all of their USPS shipping labels for all mail classes, including Media Mail, Parcel Post® and First Class Mail® International via a new XML integration. This easy-to-implement integration is available immediately to new and existing Kewill Clippership customers. Below are some of the key features available as part of this integration:
- Rapid order fulfillment: Batch print up to 1,000 USPS shipping labels at a time
- International shipping made easy – automatically print PS 2976 and PS 2976A customs documents
- Uses the ‘free’ generic non-rated carrier codes that are built into every Kewill Clippership system
- Customizable, automated email notifications sent to package recipients
- Web-based shipment management – tracking, reports and exports
- End-of-day bulk acceptance scans (SCAN forms) indicate to your customer that their packages have entered the mail stream
- Hide the postage value on your labels. Also, include customized text on your USPS labels
- Stamps.com is the leading provider of Internet–based postage services to over 400,000 customers.
- “Kewill Clippership users will benefit greatly from this integration and can take advantage of features such as automated customs forms, schedule free USPS package pickups and additionally enjoy cost saving features such as postage discounts for both domestic and international shipments,” said Alan Gold, vice president of marketing for Kewill Inc.
- “Stamps.com is a proud partner of Kewill. We look forward to providing Kewill Clippership customers with cost-effective shipping solutions and access to U.S. Postal Service products and services with unparalleled speed, ease and reliability,” said Stamps.com Chairman and CEO Ken McBride.
8 August 2012
New Universal Carrier Module™
Game-Changer for Shipping Carrier Compliance and Services Onboarding
Available as Part of Kewill Flagship 5.2 Release
Kewill today announced the availability of Kewill Universal Carrier Module (UCM™), a new module that enables shippers of all sizes, complexity and geographic coverage to onboard new carriers and services with unprecedented speed and flexibility.
Kewill UCM is designed to provide rapid implementation of international, national or regional carriers anywhere in the world at a fraction of the time and cost typically associated with onboarding new carriers or maintaining compliance for existing carriers. This is accomplished through both a straightforward user interface for configuration, and easy-to-use scripting. With the Kewill Flagship 5.2 UCM, customers have the ability to maintain their own carrier compliance, add new services and onboard carriers that give them a competitive advantage.
For the shippers themselves, they now are now able to link their strategic services development with their go-to-market plans, and provide services and compliance, based on their own timeframe.
Kewill UCM features include:
- Robust, highly configurable carrier content and compliance tool
- Intuitive menu-driven graphic user interface
- No programming required for adding services or carrier compliance
- Designed for use anywhere in the world (labels and documents produced in any language), for shipping to anywhere in the world
- Currently available for Kewill Flagship 5.2
Kewill Flagship 5.2 features include:
- Extended support for TNT Asia
- Additional Newgistics services
- New DHL Global XML PI Web service-based carrier forEurope, Middle East & Africa and Asia Pacific regions
- Dedicated integration to Kewill Export™(export compliance and documentation)
- Extended support for international compliance documents and customs filings
- Kewill UCM is currently being deployed with several globally known consumer brands.
- Kewill Flagship is an enterprise-level, multi-carrier shipping management system that can support high-volume, multiple-location, and international and domestic shipping to meet the needs of both moderate and high-volume shipping operations and complex distribution environments. Kewill Flagship is offered in both an on-premise and cloud-based version (Flagship Express™, can manage thousands of shipping stations and is capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of shipments per day on a single deployment.
- With more than 12,000 deployments of shipping solutions, Kewill customers are some of the highest volume and most sophisticated parcel and LTL shippers across the globe.
“The launch of Kewill UCM is a game-changer for the market,” saidAlan Gold, vice president of marketing and business development for Kewill Inc. “For customers, they are now able to make strategic decisions about how best to move their goods, and maintain their own carrier services and compliance with their own business analyst-level resources if they so choose.”
“For carriers, be they the global giants, regional carriers or shipping specialists, all can now leverage their strategic services development by being able to create their own compliance and deliver it along with those services, accelerating their time to market,” Gold continued. “We are in active discussions with a number of carriers and anticipate good collaboration. We see this as a win-win for everyone who ships products from and to anywhere in the world. With both the release of Kewill Flagship 5.2 and our new UCM module we underscore our commitment to the global shipping market.”
August 2, 2012
Kewill Flagship™ Achieves Oracle Validate Integration with Oracle’s JD Edwards Enterpriseone 9.0 and 9.1
Enables Customers Optimal Implementation and Integration
Kewill announced it has achieved Oracle Validated Integration of Kewill Flagship with Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 and 9.1
Kewill Flagship provides a robust, enterprise parcel shipping solution to users that are currently on Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 as well as the newly released Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1. Having achieved Oracle Validated Integration on JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 and 9.1 allows users a migration path between versions with virtually no interruption of Kewill Flagship integration.
This Oracle Validated Integration enables easier implementations, lower implementation costs and improved customer satisfaction. Kewill Flagship supports high performance and high volume shipping, serving both domestic and international shipping requirements with one of the broadest carrier compliance in the industry.
- To achieve Oracle Validated Integration, Oracle partners are required to meet a stringent set of requirements that are based on the needs and priorities of the customers. Kewill’s Flagship achieved Oracle Validated Integration for the two most recent versions of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Version 9.0 and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Version 9.1, allowing current Oracle customers an easy upgrade path for Flagship.
- Kewill, Inc. has also achieved Oracle Validated Integration of its Flagship with the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.
- Kewill Inc. has a Cooperative Marketing Agreement with Oracle to augment Oracle Transportation Management small parcel functionality. Oracle developed a standard integration between Oracle Transportation Management and Kewill
- Flagship, offering ideal solutions to meet the demands of some of the most sophisticated and complex enterprise organizations worldwide.
- Kewill Flagship is an enterprise, multi-carrier shipping management system that can support high-volume, multiple-location, international and domestic shipping to meet the needs of both moderate and high-volume shipping operations and complex distribution environments. Kewill Flagship is offered in both an on-premise and hosted model and can manage thousands of shipping stations and is capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of shipments per day on a single deployment.
- With more than 12,000 deployments of shipping solutions, Kewill customers are some of the highest volume parcel and LTL shippers across the globe.
- “Oracle Validated Integration applies a rigorous technical review and test process,” said Kevin O’Brien, senior director, ISV and SaaS Strategy, Oracle. “Achieving Oracle Validated Integration through Oracle PartnerNetwork gives our customers confidence that the integration between Kewill Flagship and Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne has been validated and that the products work together as designed. This helps reduce risk and improves the implementation cycles for our joint customers.”
- “This is a significant milestone for Kewill. We are now Oracle Validated Integration for both versions of Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne which complements our Oracle Validated Integration with the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1,” saidAlan Gold, vice president of marketing and business development for Kewill Inc. “Together with the relationship we already have with Oracle and its Oracle Transportation Management product, this validation underscores the Kewill commitment to our relationship with Oracle across multiple application platforms and allows us to deliver Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne users one of the most fully integrated shipping solutions the market has to offer today.”
17 July 2012
Kewill Names “Great Supply Chain Partner” for 2012
Kewill, a leading provider of solutions that accelerate global trade and logistics, has been named a Great Supply Chain Partner for 2012 by SupplyChainBrain magazine.
SupplyChainBrain’s tenth annual list of 100 Great Supply Chain Partners is the result of a six-month online poll in which supply chain professionals were asked to nominate vendors and service providers whose solutions have made a significant impact on their company’s efficiency, customer service and overall supply chain performance. Nominations were received for hundreds of trading partners in every aspect of supply chain management.
- The SupplyChainBrain’s 100 Great Supply Chain Partners Programs for 2012 will be featured in the July/August issue of SupplyChainBrain’s Magazine, and online at www.supplychainbrain.com.
- Customers nominated vendors and service providers
- Nominations were received for hundreds of trading partners in every aspect of supply chain management
“We are honored that our customers and partners took the time to recognize Kewill’s contributions to their businesses by nominating us for this prestigious award” said Alan Gold, vice president of marketing and business development for Kewill, Inc. “These are challenging times and in today’s market, a great supply chain partner is one that can provide the most flexible, reliable solutions that reduce risk and bring value to the bottom line.”
“SupplyChainBrain’s 10th annual list of 100 Great Supply Chain Partners is the result of a six-month on-line poll in which supply chain professionals were asked to nominate vendors and service providers whose solutions have made a significant impact on their company’s efficiency, customer service and overall supply chain performance. Nominations were received for hundreds of trading partners in every aspect of supply chain management. The 2012 July/August issue of SupplyChainBrain magazine includes the select list of companies whose solutions and services have been so impressive, that their customers took the time to write and let us know. Our compliments to Kewill on making this select list of 100 companies who received the most qualified nominations,” said Brad Berger, president and publisher of SupplyChainBrain.
19 June 2012
Kewill Announces Next Generation of Industry Leading Screening Technology
Kewill Total Compliance™ is Most Comprehensive and Efficient Denied
Party Compliance Screening Solution
Kewill announced today it has expanded its compliance screening offering with the introduction of Kewill Total Compliance, a solution designed to provide maximum corporate compliance and due diligence with minimal resource impact.
With Kewill Total Compliance, Kewill customers can now take advantage of complete screening coverage at both party and transactional levels. The efficiency of the system is enhanced by determining the most efficient screening approach, and then only screening what needs to be screened. Details of Kewill Total Compliance include:
- Maximum compliance coverage for all business transactions and party relationships
- Minimal impact on organization’s
compliance team for managing compliance screening results
- A complete solution that includes both transactional screening and proactive, ongoing reverse denied party screening
- Includes the broadest trade regulatory data in the industry, maintained and updated by Kewill’s on-staff trade ambassadors
- Kewill Total Compliance offers a real-world solution to help you mitigate risk and manage trade compliance programs efficiently and effectively
14 June 2012
Kewill Shipping Intelligence™ Announced
Cloud-based Shipping Intelligence Solution Provides Unprecedented Information about Shipping Spend, Trends, and Opportunities for Optimizing Shipping Spend
Kewill announced the availability of Kewill Shipping Intelligence™ (KSI), a cloud-based shipping analytics solution. Based on the SPSCommerce.net platform, KSI offers a rich set of analytics, trending and intelligence data around parcel freight spend for medium-to-large enterprises, delivering relevant, actionable visibility and analytics on historical and current transportation spend.
KSI enables complete transparency to an organization’s existing shipping data to help determine the optimal mix of carriers and carrier services. It also helps identify areas for savings from service levels down to invoice analysis without the capital investment or additional IT resources.
Kewill Shipping Intelligence is a true business intelligence solution that can be integrated into other operational, planning and execution systems to provide a 360 degree view of not just spend, but of opportunities to optimize inventory placement, shipping processes, and even labor requirements.
- Rich, multi-dimensional business analytics tool for in-depth analysis of your shipping data
- Full visibility through interactive dashboards, alerts, and ad-hoc analysis over the web
- Minimal setup, “start to analysis” is typically a 2-4-week process
- Minimum to no IT resources required
- KSI allows the ability to analyze shipping costs by item detailLeading Global Trade & Logistics Software Company Honored for Fourth Consecutive Year
4 May 2012
Kewill Named Top 100 Logistics IT Provider for 2012
Leading Global Trade & Logistics Software Company Honored for Fourth Consecutive Year
Every April, Inbound Logistics editors recognize 100 logistics IT companies that support and enable logistics excellence. Drawn from a pool of more than 300 companies, using questionnaires, personal interviews, and other research, Inbound Logistics selects the Top 100 Logistics IT Providers who are leading the way in 2012. Editors seek to match readers’ fast-changing needs to the capabilities of those companies selected. All companies selected reflect leadership by answering Inbound Logistics readers’ needs for simplicity, ROI, and efficient implementation.